Email Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
China Institute is seeking a marketing coordinator to execute the social media, email marketing and communications strategy by developing and implementing campaigns that create brand awareness, increase website traffic, increase school enrollment, increase museum visitors, increase event attendance, and drive repeat behavior/build loyalty and retention. A creative mind, strong writing and creative skills, strong analytics skills, and the ability to take initiative will be keys to success in this role.
Gather content, schedule, copy edit, design, proofread, test and deploy all emails for CI, including monthly eNews, monthly Dept. events and seasonal course registration. Monthly analytics reports. Monthly eNews and regular eblasts require the person to reach out to each department head to collect their copy and images, and then provide them with a chance to edit the email, once a draft is completed. Additionally, this person will reach-out and collaborate with our partner organizations to cross market/promote each other’s events through our eMarketing, rack card exchange, etc. Email database management, including adding contacts, managing lists, and collecting contact data. Flawless execution of all aspects of email marketing to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
Coordinate all social media for CI. Gather promotional content, copy edit, photo edit, and schedule and post all social media content. This content will include pre- and post-event posts for every program CI offers, as well as coming up with ideas for branding and engagement posting. Attend all CI events, record, photograph, and videotape these events and create social media content for posting. Monthly reporting/analytics.
• Develop and maintain social and online content that attracts attention, generates interest and demands to be shared by our friends and guests.
• Develop social media content calendar to support marketing & sales objectives.
• Manage day-to-day activities related to social media. This includes monitoring, tagging and analysis of social media conversations across various platforms, maintenance of our brands' social media sites and reputation management.
• Identify and engage bloggers, other influencers and China Instittute advocates to build loyalty and affinity to further enhance brand communication.
• Work with other members of the organization to create -> execute -> analyze cross-platform social media marketing content such as giveaways.
• Stay current and forward thinking on new social media tools and platforms, best practices, and use within the competitive landscape.
• Proactively listen and engage with social media fans/follower communities to optimize content and identify any opportunities.
• Maintain and become the brand voice and vision throughout all conversations.
Public Relations Coordination:
Coordinate Press events by reaching out to press and arranging interviews at key events; Manage and continue updating press lists/media contacts. Reach out to media to encourage them to write about CI.
Festivals & Events Coordination:
Act as the primary liaison, either individually or in collaboration with another department, to lead promotions at events and festivals where CI does outreach. These events are typically on weekends.
Attend all China Institute events, photograph or videotape, and write copy to post on social media.
Research & Misc. Projects & Administrative Work:
• Conduct research and data entry for the Chief Marketing Officer, such as contact names to build our outreach programs; competitive analysis.
• Handout flyers in strategic locations prior to major events and strategic events
• Assist with photocopying and other administrative duties.
• Coordinate Google Adwords program, and other digital marketing initiatives.
• Misc. activities related to Marketing and Communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field.
• 2-4 year’s work experience in Marketing or Communications with a focus on PR, Email marketing and/or social media.
• Experience using constant contact or similar email marketing system.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and other adobe creative suite products.
• Experience in full Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Experience in Google Analytics.
• Understanding of the digital and social media universe including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Pinterest, Google, blogs, and WeChat.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Keen eye and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
• Superior project management skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities based on organizational needs.
• Ability to videotape and photograph events in a visually compelling way and post on social media and leverage on website.
• Sense of urgency and pro-activeness.
• Motivated and curious mind.
• Interested in Chinese art, culture, language and desire to learn.
• While not mandatory, the ideal candidate will also possess a basic foundation in Mandarin Chinese.
Please email your resume to:[email protected]