Organization: China Institute in America
Country: United States
Location:New York, NY
Position Level:Entry Level
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
• Handle and develop exhibition catalogue sales (online and offline), including annual holiday sales, shipping, inventory control, and reporting
• Coordinate details of Friends of the Gallery membership events, ensuring prompt and regular correspondence with members, draft and generate newsletters and organize annual Steering Committee meetings
• Plan and implement exhibition-related public programs, including Guest Curators’ lectures, Symposiums and other Gallery programs.
• Prepare traveling exhibition information packets and promote traveling exhibitions to suitable exhibition venues. Work with Director and Gallery Manager on traveling exhibition legal arrangements, financial terms, schedule and ongoing correspondence.
• Assist with Gallery PR and Marketing efforts for exhibitions and programs, particularly through social media and arts-related websites. Ensure that the Gallery’s web page is up-to-date and accurate.
• Maintain Gallery’s exhibitions and event archives
• Update donor information in Raisers’ Edge and run queries as-needed
• Serve as primary liaison with visiting groups of scholars, museum professionals, and other Gallery guests, arranging travel details as-needed and ensuring a smooth and enjoyable visit.
• Provide assistance, as needed, to the Gallery Director to ensure the smooth operation of the Gallery
• Have at least 2-3 years of administrative experience working for an arts organization, museum or gallery, with hands-on exhibition, marketing and/or public programming experience
• Familiarity with membership and donor-relations a plus, including Raiser’s Edge
• Be knowledgeable about Chinese culture, art history and contemporary art
• Fluency in English required, fluency or proficiency in Chinese is highly desirable
• Be detail-oriented and reliable, with excellent communication and time management skills
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
China Institute is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.