Part-Time Front Desk Receptionist..
China Institute in America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance a deeper understanding of China through programs in education, culture, art, and business. Our programs, school, and gallery exhibitions bring to life the depth, complexity and dynamism of China. Founded in 1926 by Chinese reformers Hu Shi and K.P. Wen, and educator John Dewey, China Institute is the leading, non-profit organization in America to focus exclusively on China.
About the Role:
We are seeking a part-time Front Desk Receptionist who will be able to work up to 20 hours /two-three days a week. Front Desk Receptionist is a first point of contact, both via telephone and in person. First impressions are lasting and reflect the entire organization. Therefore, the individual is expected to provide excellent customer service in a friendly hospitable manner and be knowledgeable in the Institute’s calendar of events, Gallery exhibitions, and course offerings.
• Receive, respond, or direct phone calls to the appropriate associate, take messages when the associate is unavailable
• Greet and direct visitors and guests
• Provide visitors and callers with the requested information on China Institute courses, public programs and Gallery exhibitions
• Assist with registration for classes and events
• Occasional data entry in Raiser’s Edge
• Promote membership to visitors and callers, assist with sign-up for membership
• Assist with retail sales of Gallery tickets, catalogs, and various souvenir gift items
• Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating
• Assist with opening and closing the office space
• Other tasks assigned
• Occasionally, be available on the weekends
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Punctuality and flexibility
• Fluent English
• Knowledge of Chinese culture and language would be helpful
Available Shifts: two-three (2-3) days a week with flexible hours, up to 20 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Front Desk Receptionist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
China Institute in America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.