Preschool Lead Teacher
China Institute in America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance a deeper
understanding of China through programs in education, culture, art and business in the belief that cross-cultural understanding strengthens our global community We are currently seeking a full-time Lead
Teacher for its Mandarin Immersion Preschool for children ages approximately from 2.5 to 5.
The preschool is envisioned to provide a 100% Mandarin immersion learning environment with high-quality curricula integrating Chinese culture into an innovative play-based early childhood education. A successful candidate shall have native-level Chinese language proficiency and is certified in early childhood education.
- Develops a curriculum for the intended class at the preschool in alignment with China Institute’s mission and school philosophy;
- Designs age-appropriate projects, games and activities for a successful classroom delivery of the intended curriculum;
- Manages all aspects of the assigned class during the school day;
- Creates a safe and engaging classroom environment;
- Communicates as needed with parents, family members, and the general public on topics related to the preschool;
- Supports the budgeting, marketing, and admission process for the preschool by working closely with the Head of the School of Chinese Studies and relevant staff members;
- Contributes to the School of Chinese Studies and China Institute in general through working collaboratively with other programs and departments.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred in early childhood education;
Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, or related fields;
Certified to teach children ages from 2 to 6 in New York State;
At least 3 years of Lead Teacher experience in a preschool or a similar setting in the U.S.;
Experienced in designing and delivering play-based curriculum and materials for preschool-aged children;
Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese;
Open-minded and embracing innovations.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
China Institute is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted