Director of Marketing
China Institute in America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance a deeper understanding of China through programs in education, culture, art, and business. Our programs, school, and gallery exhibitions bring to life the depth, complexity and dynamism of China. Founded in 1926 by Chinese reformers Hu Shi and K.P. Wen, and educator John Dewey, China Institute is the leading, non-profit organization in America to focus exclusively on China. It is a time of transformative growth of China Institute at its new Downtown Manhattan location. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to collaborate with senior leadership to grow the brand of China Institute, its reach, and impact.
About the Role:
The Director of Marketing develops and implements communications and marketing strategies to meet China Institute’s objectives. This position is the steward of China Institute’s brand and directs a team of two staff tasked with executing branding, marketing, advertising, content creation, and media relations initiatives. The Director of Marketing is a strategist with superior management skills and the ability to contribute to China Institute’s advancement. It requires a hands-on, detail-oriented leader who can set attainable goals and build the department and its capacity. This position reports to the President.
• Maintain, strengthen, and increase recognition of China Institute’s brand, programs, events, and initiatives
• Develop, direct, and implement strategic marketing plans (including PR, advertising, special events, promotional materials) and forecasts to amplify China Institute’s positioning and to achieve its objectives
• Manage marketing budget
• Review and analyze marketing performance against programs and plans to determine effectiveness of marketing strategies
• Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to senior leadership
• Produce and execute creative marketing and advertising campaigns to drive School enrollment, attract audiences for China Institute programs and Gallery exhibitions, and to position China Institute in accordance with its strategic vision
• Direct redesign of the website to highlight content and reflect the breadth and impact of China Institute programs, events, and initiatives
• Direct creation of thought leadership content for website and social media and supervise the development of infographics, videos, and other visuals for social media and China Institute website
• Direct positioning of China Institute through thought leadership
• Develop strategies and content for China Institute’s social media accounts
• Oversee and manage all China Institute social media and content
• Collaborate with Development department to meet annual fundraising goals
• Develop messages that clearly articulate China Institute’s unique positioning and engage target audiences
• Prepare executive communications including presentations, speeches, and talking points
China Institute offers competitive compensation and benefits package, including 403(b) and generous paid time-off.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Director of Marketing” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Benefits: China Institute offers competitive benefits package, including 403(b) and generous paid time-off.
China Institute in America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.