Position Title: Business Programs Manager
Reporting To: Director of Business Programs/President
Role: The Corporate Programs Manager works closely with the Director of Corporate Programs and coordinates with other CI Department to develop and deliver world class corporate programs.
• Corporate Program speaker management and scheduling, including conducting research on industries and speakers, reaching out to speaking candidates, effectively communicating with leading figures in the U.S.-China business world and nurturing the relations with them. Corporate Program logistics, including coordination with Development/Events as needed, to include program registration, RSVP tracking, program reception arrangements, book orders, program sign-in, program follow up, etc.
• Correspond and coordinate with existing and potential corporate program partners such as Japan Society, Cheung Kong Business School, AFS, TCFA etc.
• Coordinate with Marketing Department to maintain and update all corporate program information and department promotional material such as program flyers, program landing pages, website information etc. (in English and Chinese as needed)
• Search potential partners for cross-promotion, establish/manage the relations and develop the reputation for China Institute Center for Business in the community
• Keep list of press contacts, make sure they are aware of programs that are open to the press, and collect media (articles, TV news, etc.) written about CI corporate programs
• Ensure corporate program database maintenance which includes speaker and attendee (individual and corporate) information and mailing lists; Raisers Edge entries and registration page set-up in the system
• Coordinate with Education Department as needed to deliver business, language, cross-cultural and other China focused classes to corporate customers
• Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Programs, conduct outreach and manage relationships on corporate memberships, sponsorship and space rentals
• Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Programs, help to ensure that corporate programs interaction with social media is regular and relevant
• Carry out research projects related to U.S.-China corporate programs
• Work with Corporate Program interns as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 2-3 years’ experience with corporate programs, event management, marketing and/or non-profit fundraising
• Interest in and knowledge of U.S.-China business issues and leading companies, entrepreneurs, and organizations
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills, including executive communication skills
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge, Internet research.
• Superior organizational skills to simultaneously manage a variety of tasks
• Mandarin speaker a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]