Human Resource Manager
Title: Human Resource Manager
Department: Finance and Administration
Supervisor Title: Chief Financial Officer
China Institute in America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance a deeper understanding of China through programs in education, culture, art and business in the belief that cross-cultural understanding strengthens our global community. We are currently seeking a full-time Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for working closely with department managers and employees to provide full life cycle recruiting, HR services, and office administration.
Responsibilities and requirements for the position are below.
• Establish professional development initiatives
• Create on boarding program to assimilate new hires
• Manage the full life cycle recruiting process from requisition to evaluation to candidate offer
• Keep abreast of and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment /EEO laws and healthcare regulations
• Create and maintain job descriptions for all positions
• Maintain HR database and files
• Work with Finance and Administration Department to manage daily operations
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and helping resolve work related problems
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or Organization Development
• Proven experience in using creative/cost-effective sourcing strategies including social media, Internet research/resume mining, networking, job fairs, professional affiliations, and universities to recruit talent
• Minimum of 3-5 years recruiting in corporate or agency setting
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication (oral and written) skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Expertise with current software, including Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications)
• Attention to detail
• Experience in the non-profit sector a plus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary history & expectation to: [email protected]
China Institute is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.