China Institute in America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance a deeper understanding of China through programs in education, culture, art, and business. Our programs, school, and gallery exhibitions bring to life the depth, complexity and dynamism of China. Founded in 1926 by Chinese reformers Hu Shi and K.P. Wen, and educator John Dewey, China Institute is the leading, non-profit organization in America to focus exclusively on China. It is a time of transformative growth of China Institute at its new Downtown Manhattan location. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to collaborate with senior leadership to grow the brand of China Institute, its reach, and impact.
About the Role:
China Institute (CI) is seeking a Marketing Associate to execute the social media, eMarketing, public relations, and communications strategy by implementing campaigns that create brand awareness and growth in the areas of website traffic, school enrollment, gallery visitors, and event attendance. This is a great learning opportunity for someone who is ready to take a second step in their career. A creative mind, strong writing and creative skills (with the talents to visually execute ideas), strong analytics skills, and the ability to take initiative will be keys to success in this role. This position reports to the Marketing Director and has no direct reports.
• Assist in implementing marketing strategies to drive audience/customer growth and donations for the organization which includes narrative, scope, purpose, messaging, performance metrics and work plans
• Collaborate across CI departments on marketing needs including advertising, collateral, digital assets, and materials
• Facilitate the production of online/offline marketing materials for internal and external distribution
• Conduct research to build our outreach programs and create competitive analysis
eMarketing and Analytics
• Assist in eMarketing and updating email database
• Coordinate CI emails, including monthly eNews, CI events and seasonal course registration process
• Prepare monthly analytics reports using Google Analytics and Google AdWords
• Initiate and maintain collaborations with partner organizations to cross market/promote each other’s events
• Manage day-to-day activities related to social media. This includes monitoring, tagging and analysis of social media conversations across various platforms
• Create, and maintain social and online content calendar that generates engagement
• Identify and engage bloggers, influencers and CI advocates to build loyalty and affinity
• Coordinate events with media by reaching out to press and arranging interviews at key events; manage and continue updating press lists/media contacts
• Prospect new contacts and develop working relationships with key media figures and writers
• Occasionally attend CI public programs and events for marketing purposes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field
• 2+ year’s work experience in Marketing or Communications with a focus on PR, eMarketing, and social media
• Experience using Constant Contact or similar email marketing system
• Experience in full Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience in Google Analytics and Google AdWords
• Understanding of the digital and social media universe including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Google and blogs. WeChat is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Keen eye and attention to detail
• Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
• Superior project management skills
• Sense of urgency and pro-activeness
• Interested in Chinese art, culture and language is a plus
• Basic foundation in Mandarin Chinese is a plus
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
China Institute in America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.