Internship Positions at the School of Chinese Studies
Adult Language Programs
The Adult Language Program is seeking qualified individuals for academically rewarding internship positions. These positions would provide great training opportunities for students currently at schools pursuing a degree in Mandarin teaching or related areas and for those who have plans to become a Mandarin teacher but lack prior training or teaching experience. Interns would work on one or a combination of the following responsibilities:
1. Chinese Tutor in the Tutoring Office Hours Program: To provide one-on-one language instruction to our registered students, guided by the class curriculum.
2. Teaching Assistant in a classroom setting: We offer two types of Mandarin classes: (1) General language classes in all levels from beginner to advanced; and (2) Themed courses with a particular focus, such as conversation, reading, and literature, etc.
3. Chinese Facilitator/Instructor for our Mandarin Meetup program: To organize, facilitate and lead meetup sessions under the leadership of a staff member.
* Send your application to: Wanling Zhang [email protected]
Children and Youth Program
Children and Youth Program is seeking highly-motivated, energetic and detail oriented interns who enjoy working with children ages 4-14. Interns would take one or a combination of the following responsibilities:
1. Teaching Assistant: Assisting a lead teacher in group classes, teaching Chinese language and culture onsite at China Institute or offsite at another location.
2. Study Hall Counsellor: Supervising a group of children attending the Study Hall, helping with their Chinese lessons and homework, guiding book reading, and engaging contextual conversations.
* Send your application to: Jingrong Yao [email protected]