Business Programs Internship
China Institute Center for Business is looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic interns interested in China business and programming. Interns will support program staff during the center’s annual executive summit and regular speaker programs. Interns will gain a profound knowledge in NGO operation and large conference planning. From conception to execution, interns will participate in every stage of programming, which are mostly enhancing China-U.S. understanding, along with the specific skills and challenges that need to be met on a day-to-day basis.
China Institute’s business programs connect the US to China by offering a diverse array of insightful, engaging programs that showcase leaders and visionaries in the business realm. Graduate school students or undergraduate student at least in their third year with an interest in China are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Be Doing
• Supporting preparations for upcoming programs and events featuring movers and shakers on Chinese business, including the annual executive summit on April 12
• Providing support at programs and events for registration, room set-up, etc.
• Collecting, maintaining and updating program materials
• Assisting with social media posts on programs including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, and Instagram
• Conducting research as needed related to Chinese business and culture
• Assisting with general administrative duties as needed
• This person should be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to take direction and conscientious about deadlines
• Collaborate on content development (event recaps, new project opportunities) and assist with current project management
• Photo shooting, Photoshop, and Video Editing skills are highly desired, but not required
• Excellent communication skills and strong writing skills. Ability to read and write Chinese is a plus
• Able to help with occasional evening programs which normally run from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
• Available on April 12 for the whole day annual executive summit
We ask that interns commit to at least 8 hours per week.
Please send your cover letter and résumé to Nina Huang at [email protected], with the subject “Business Programs Internship.” Please visit us at www.chinainstitute.org