Visitor Services Intern/Volunteer - Starting Fall 2017
China Institute Gallery seeks Visitor Services Interns and Volunteers starting the end of September, 2016 through late March, 2017. The position will serve as the face of China Institute Gallery and help ensure that every visitor has an enjoyable and educational experience at our inaugural downtown exhibition, “Art in a Time of Chaos: Masterworks from Six Dynasties China, 3rd—6th Centuries.”
• Greeting visitors and monitoring admission during exhibition hours
• Provide information about exhibits and exhibition-related programs to visitors when needed
• Be the first line of Gallery security, ensuring no food, drink or large bags enters the Gallery, and alert Gallery staff to any concerns or visitor misbehavior
• Invite visitors to fill out surveys before they leave
• Hand out China Institute promotion materials
• Keep accurate attendance figures
This is a good opportunity to get involved in the non-profit art world and share a love of Chinese art and culture. Ideal candidates will be friendly, reliable, comfortable interacting with the public, and possess good judgement. An interest in, or knowledge of Chinese art, culture or language is advantageous. This position is unpaid but we will be happy to assist in receiving school credit.
Interns and Volunteers will be asked to commit to at least two 3.5 hour sessions a week (10AM – 1:30PM or 1:30PM – 5:00PM), as well as attend a half-day training session for the exhibition to learn about the exhibition artworks and content, as well as Gallery policies and procedures.
Location: 100 Washington Street, New York, NY 10006
To apply to be a Visitor Services Intern at China Institute Gallery, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Deadline: Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis