Internship, Gallery Department
China Institute is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern interested in China arts and culture. The intern will gain profound knowledge in operation of a non-profit arts organization. Graduate school students or undergraduate students at least in their third year with an interest in China are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Be Doing:
· Providing assistance with academic researches
· Updating, expanding, and building the archives for past exhibitions
· Conducting ongoing research for updates on exhibitions and events related to Chinese art and culture
· Assisting with daily errands and other hands-on gallery tasks
· Assisting with general administrative duties as needed
· Strong interest in Chinese art and culture and/or nonprofit arts development, especially in a gallery setting; a high attention to detail and discretion, and the ability to work independently in a timely manner
· Bachelor’s Degree in art history, museum studies, East Asian Studies, or related major preferred
· Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written, academic research skills, and word processing skills
· Fluent Mandarin is a plus
Commitment: Contribute at least 15 hours per week from January to May 2019.
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject “Internship – Gallery Department”
China Institute in America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.