Internship, Development Team
• The internship opportunity is intended for the intern to advance her/his knowledge of development and fundraising strategies and prospect research in support of China Institute’s Center for Business and other China Institute programs. The intern reports to the SVP/Chief Development Officer.
Projects description (will be adjusted based on candidate’s availabilities and interests):
1. Help identify new Corporate Sponsors and Corporate Members for China Institute. Research companies with a potential interest in China Institute Center for Business programs, special events, and other China Institute offerings. The intern will collaborate with the Development and Center for Business teams at China Institute and help identify sponsorship prospects that could be a good fit for the upcoming programming series. In return, the intern will gain deeper insights on the trends and landscape of US-China corporations, learn how development and programming support a nonprofit institute, and will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact.
2. Support Individual Membership & Events planning to gain firsthand experience on how to cultivate and grow China Institute’s individual membership through special events.
Essential Experience, Skills, and Competencies
• The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about China Institute’s mission, can structure and conduct research creatively and independently, communicate and collaborate well with the team, and has an interest in gaining more skills in development and business programming. Fluency in Chinese is a plus but not necessary. Coursework or experience nonprofit management preferred.
Length of internship:
• Flexible depending on intern’s availability
• At least 15 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject “Internship-Development Team”
China Institute in America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.