Volunteer Gallery Attendant
Starting February 2018
China Institute Gallery seeks Volunteer Gallery Attendants starting from February, 2018. This is a good opportunity to get involved in the non-profit art world and communicate with people who are interested in Chinese art and culture. Ideal candidates will be proactive, friendly and organized, and possess a high attention to detail.
Volunteer attendants will be asked to attend a half-day training session (February 8) for the exhibition, to learn about the exhibition artworks and content, as well as Gallery policies and procedures.
• Greet visitors and manage admissions during exhibition hours
• Provide information about exhibits and exhibition-related programs to visitors when needed
• Be the first line of Gallery security, ensuring no food, drink or large bags enters the Gallery
• Invite visitors to fill out surveys before they leave
• Hand out promotion materials
• Volunteer Gallery Attendants are expected to make a commitment of at least 1 day per week (10 am – 5 pm) for each exhibition period (minimum 3 months).
• Assist gallery staff with mailings or preparation for public events such as lectures and receptions, when needed.
• Assist gallery docents with materials or information, when needed.
The Gallery hour is 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week, with extended hours to 8pm on Thursdays.
Location: 100 Washington Street, New York, NY 10006
To apply for Volunteer Gallery Attendant at China Institute Gallery, please submit a cover letter and resume to Yue Ma, Manager of Art Education Program at [email protected]
Deadline: Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis