Saturday, August 10, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Location: 40 Rector Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10006
Art of the Mountain: Through the Chinese Photographer’s Lens opened in February 2018, and due to popular demand and building construction, we extended the closing date through August 18, 2019. We invite you to see this exhibit or reacquaint yourself with the compelling visuals and stories of Art of the Mountain by attending our closing ceremony on August 10, 2019.
The event will feature remarks from China Institute President James B. Heimowitz, followed by a guided tour starting at 3:30 PM led by Willow Weilan Hai (Director of China Institute Gallery and Chief Curator) and Jiang Rong (Guest Curator). We will offer complimentary access to Art of the Mountain and discounts on exhibit catalogues to help commemorate this landmark collection of photographic art.
Free for Members & Non-Members
Art of the Mountain by the Numbers:
- Representing: 27 artists from across every region of China
- Featuring: 63 images of various sizes
- Attending: Over 14,000 people have seen Art of the Mountain
- Inspiring: Nearly 6,000 schoolchildren have experienced the exhibit through our Discover China Through Art (DCTA) program.
- Hoping: To see YOU at our closing ceremony event
We hope to see you on August 10, 2019 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Art of the Mountain is made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature; and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.