Saturday, September 10, 11:00AM – 3:00PM
Event Fees: FREE
Location: 40 Rector Street, 2nd Floor,New York, NY 10006
Come celebrate the Fall Semester Open House & Mid-Autumn Festival at this event for families and children of all ages. Discover the stories and traditions of one of China’s biggest holidays while sampling tasty mooncakes, making arts & crafts, listening to live music, learning about China Institute’s fall classes, and getting a sneak peek at the programs for our fall exhibition Art in a Time of Chaos: Masterworks from Six Dynasties China.
• Chinese Arts & Crafts
• Mooncake Tasting and Chinese Snacks
• Live Music
• Children’s Film Screenings
• Traditional Chinese Games
• Fall Class Info Sessions (Children & Adult)
• 11:15AM-12:00PM – Chinese for Children 1 (ages 4-7)
• 11:30AM-12:30PM – Interactive Workshop 1: The Story of the Mid-Autumn Festival
• 12:15PM-1:00PM – Lantern-Making Workshop 1
• 1:00PM-2:00PM – Interactive Workshop 2: The Story of the Mid-Autumn Festival
• 1:15PM-2:00PM – Chinese for Children 2 (ages 4-7)
• 2:15PM-3:00PM – Lantern-Making Workshop 2
Free admission. Registration is not required; seating at events and workshops will be available on a first-come basis.
This event is part of our celebration of the [email protected] 10th Anniversary.
For questions or to register by phone, please contact Michael Buening at 212-744-8181 ext. 149 or by email at [email protected]