Saturday, September 9, 11:00AM – 3:00PM
Event Fee: FREE for all attendees, but advance registration is requested.
Location: 40 Rector Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10006
Come celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival at this event for families and children of all ages. Discover the stories and traditions of one of China’s biggest holidays while sampling tasty mooncakes, making arts & crafts, learning about China Institute’s fall classes, and touring our exciting exhibition Dreams of the Kings: A Jade Suit for Eternity, Treasures of the Han Dynasty from Xuzhou.
· Chinese Arts & Crafts
· Mooncake Tasting and Chinese Snacks
· Children’s Film Screenings
· Traditional Chinese Games
· Fall Class Info Sessions (Children & Adult)
· 11:15AM-12:00PM – Chinese for Children 1 (ages 4-7)
· 11:30AM-12:15PM – Interactive Workshop 1: The Story of the Mid-Autumn Festival
· 12:15PM-1:00PM – Mid-Autumn Crafts Workshop 1
· 1:00PM-1:45PM – Interactive Workshop 2: The Story of the Mid-Autumn Festival
· 1:15PM-2:00PM – Chinese for Children 2 (ages 4-7)
· 2:15PM-3:00PM – Mid-Autumn Crafts Workshop 2
Free admission. Registration is not required; seating at events and workshops will be available on a first-come basis.
Please Register Online. For questions email Aaron Nicholson at: [email protected] or call 212-744-8181 ext. 138