Festival Dates: June 29 – July 15
Event Fee: To purchase tickets, click HERE.
From vicious, life-destroying phone scams to balletic battles between equally corrupt cops and yakuza, the New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF) offers films that reflect on contemporary society while offering extreme genre pleasures. There are self-referential takes on cinematic zombies, existential date nights, and teens finding their own corners of the world despite familial and societal expectations.
This summer, China Institute is proud to partner with NYAFF to help support the festival’s complete slate of films from China. This summer marks the festival’s 17th year in New York and will showcase the most exciting comedies, dramas, thrillers, romances, horrors and arthouse films from East Asia.
China Institute is Proud to Support the Following Films:
– Dude’s Manual (Kevin Ko, 2018)
– End of Summer (Zhou Quan, 2017) – New York Premiere
– The Ex-Files 3: The Return of the Exes (Tian Yusheng, 2017)
– Looking for Lucky (Jiang Jiachen, 2018) – International Premiere
– The Looming Storm (Dong Yue, 2017) – North American Premiere
– Old Beast (Zhou Ziyang, 2017) – New York Premiere
– Wrath of Silence (Xin Yukun, 2017) – New York Premiere
For a complete list of films and to purchase tickets, please visit the New York Asian Film Festival website.
For questions please email Aaron Nicholson at [email protected]