Come to our Open House!
Saturday, April 14, 3:00-4:00PM
Location: 40 Rector Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10006
SSC-Beijing 2018 is a four-week program offering high school students the opportunity to receive intensive language training within an immersive cultural environment. Students use their Chinese to communicate in daily life, improving fluency, pronunciation, and confidence. Through rigorous classroom hours five days a week, daily real-life practice, and four weeks of homestay experience, language acquisition in SSC-Beijing is equivalent to a full academic year of Chinese.
Throughout the experience, our students also gain a deeper understanding and awareness of Chinese culture through a number of on-site activities (e.g. tai chi, calligraphy, paper cutting, etc.). In addition, there are weekly excursions into the city and surrounding mountains. These outings afford students the opportunity to use their newly-acquired language skills with native speakers and visit some of the country’s most stunning sites, including the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall, and as well as endless wanderings through old neighborhoods. Meaningful tasks and community service will be given to guide some of the excursions.
• Living with a Chinese host family for the program’s duration;
• A 3:1 student to faculty/staff ratio;
• Four weeks of daily intensive language classes, equivalent to one year of high school Chinese study;
• Cultural workshops, athletics, community service, and city excursions;
• Trips to the surrounding mountains outside of Beijing to catch a glimpse of rural life;
• A pre-program information session and pre-departure orientation session;
• Post-program Student Ambassador opportunities with CI and 100 Thousand Strong. Learn More